I wanna…

As the New Year is approaching, it’s the resolution time again... Ever since I can remember, I take some time to make certain resolutions every year and then break them in the very first hour itself, but okay that is what resolutions, rules and conventions are meant for... no? Indians after all, so its actually in our genes.

Okay, so this is not exactly a list of resolutions, but its more of a wish list, like what I want to do, how I want to change myself… from a better to worse person… I am kind of narcissist some times, so I know it can’t be better than what I am right now, and thus it has to be the other way around. 

- First of all, I really need to change my routine. If there is actually some thing like a biological clock in our bodies, mine must has been exploded long back… and you can’t actually blame it, what else do you expect, when you sleep at 4 in morning, wake up at 9, lunch at 3 and dinner at 12 in night.. I definitely need to get myself back to humanly courses man!

- Then there is the biggest problem in my life. I am sick of being nice all the time (okay, not that nice, but good enough). There are times when you really get pissed off with certain things but just for the sake of being nice you don’t react, and on top of that, the other people start taking advantages of this.. so I really wanna say “fuck off” when I feel like it.. and trust me it happens quite a lot these days. God knows why the world is full of insane people, or its just that they come across in my life so often! 

- Next is another equally big crisis… the whole family is on a mission to get me married by any means! And when I say “any”, I mean it, be it by hook or by crook. Dad is like, either you get settled, or leave my home, mum is busy looking for prospective bahus (daughter in laws) and all other budha log (old chaps) have made this kind of national issue. On the other end, poor little me feels like running away to a remote island at times. In the safe zone where I can live with a little peace without the constant nagging and regular morning chants about it. I know I can’t do it but I really wish I could :(

- This one is a little contradictory to the previous one, but at times I feel that how good it would be to have that some one special in life, a partner in crime kind of mate, with whom I could share my joys, confess all my guilt, go for a long walk in cold and dark nights while holding the hands together, dance crazily while shaking my legs and head wildly till I fall down for the last breath… but then the reality stings back hard and it looks like straight from an old Hollywood classic.. so I roll back to my previous wish.

- Finally, there is a very small and trivial kind of itch and that is, I wanna learn to play Guitar. Don’t know why, but I was always fascinated about it, and for this one, I tried as well… but again, if only I could keep a routine in my life, it would have been a lot more simple. But okay, I am sure, am gonna do it in coming year, so get ready for a Rock on concert coming to your city guys!

Cheers! 


25 Responses
  1. Sparkling Says:

    :)

    I don't make resolutions so definitely not a fan of them but I do strive towards taking time and making life a little bit better everyday. Can't say that I'm successful in it though.
    I wanna wish you all the very best with yours and hope each of them come true especially the 'guitar' one :)
    And I totally identify with the marriage stuff and family.


  2. Sen Says:

    @ ST... your resolutions list is so similar to mine...If I were a guy I would be happily making plans to live in the "safe zone" wherever that be with you :))

    I agree with all except the guitar one, I am learning how to play the guitar and honestly my guitar teacher must be repenting the day he agreed to give me lessons, the poor man goes "Oh God"..."Oh Jesus" everytime he hears me strum...once I was "practising" when he arrived... he was like "I could here you strum near the gate"...


  3. Sur Says:

    Now that seems to have come straight from the heart. Even i am more or less like you ST... trying to make so many resolutions, and breaking them each time. sounds so similar to you... :) well if u dont mind even i would like to accompany you to that far-away island!!! do you??


  4. Rajeswari Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  5. Rajeswari Says:

    @ST...ur template looks great!!!!! a sort of invitation card :P

    For me each and every second is new...so a 'wish list' or 'resolution' is something unthinkable!


  6. Anil Sawan Says:

    ST bhai: resolutions lol

    u have 3 meals a day? that itself is a luxury :-)

    aha did i see a glimpse of a romantic hero in between the post :-)

    wut bout our himalayan trip? its not there in ur wish list anymore? :(


  7. still - so making life better every day :)

    yeah.. I know how it is with resolutions but like I said, its more of a wish list.. see how many of them gets completed though!


  8. sen - whats up gurl.. first that poor guy from driving school and now this guitar teacher.. I am sure they are going to put up a big photo of yours on the door that please beware of this gal.. she is on mission!!

    and BTW, you are welcome on the island.. let me find it first though :)

    sur - wise men think alike!


  9. scrawler - yeah, that is what came to my mind.. an invitation card.. but somehow it was soothing to eyes than the earlier one :)

    about the wishes, me can't think that fast to plan each and every second so I prefer having long span of time :)

    sawan - oh for a change.. thoda romance ka tadka but see after that.. "Reality stings back hard"

    and the Leh (Himalaya) trip is certainly on.. I didnt want to include that in list and break the idea in very first hour of new year.. so we are on for sure!!


  10. still - thanks for connecting the previous post to your blog dear!


  11. Rajeswari Says:

    @ST one typo in my comment!Your template looks GRAND!


  12. vinny Says:

    ST, i wouldnt mind if u break a few but definitely not ur folks wish..to make u 'double' :) :)
    we would be served rather interesting posts after that!!
    n, begin expressing..the F words will bring more color into all our lives:)

    Sawan, no himalayas, guys! not yet:)

    ST & Sen: All the best for ur guitar lessons!


  13. Sen Says:

    @ ST...what can I say...I am bumbling fool who sleep walks her way through life and am usually like a bull in a china shop...cant help it...


  14. Sparkling Says:

    Oh, you're welcome, we all had to be aware and this was the first step :)

    You know and read that life ain't that better everyday :D
    You guys going to Leh...wow!...please write l8r abt the trip as I wanna head to this place someday.


  15. scrawler - hope this is not sarcastic ;) I have started doubting my choice of template :) guess you are not trying to be nice, like I mentioned in my wish list

    vin - huh and I thought you are my friend.. never knew you are more friendly to my folks :)

    and himalayas.. that is going to be a hell of adventure.. driving to highest man possible road in Leh.. uhh.. can't wait!!


  16. sen - god save the guys who come in the way of the bull :))

    still - true, I agree.. and yep I am planning for a drive to Leh.. I am sure its going to be a kickass thrill.. will surely share my experiences..


  17. Sen Says:

    @ ST...God is doing a good job alright...noone messes with me...


  18. sen - yeah.. I remember ice queen :)


  19. With you on the marriage one dude. Should seriously sit together and plot a way out of this :)


  20. Karthik Says:

    Advance marriage wishes frm ma side!!!!


  21. Marina - You too on the same boat ;) let us move this boat to that remote island!!

    Kathik - I thought you are my friend :P


  22. tina Says:

    its nice to read the fourth point of ur wish list. Finally, munda jawan ho gaya hai.


  23. Rajeswari Says:

    @ST...why wud i be sarcastic?Already i'm Nice..so why should i try to 'become nice'? :D


  24. Karthik Says:

    Y r guys afraid 2 get into a relation??? Do you have any big dreams tat has 2 b fulfilled bfr gting married??


  25. Scrawler - I just thought so :) and you are already nice.. no doubts on it!!

    karthik - its not about being afraid or scared.. its just that every thing gets changed drastically after it and though every thing has positive and negative sides and dont know about others but me more concerned about the negative sides :D

    and you are still in college so you wont understand buddy.. you will come to know when your folks will be after you with a stick in hand