Encounter, plain and simple. err.. kind of..
Disclaimer - When reading this post, if you find the dialogs from one of the lead characters familiar, its purely a coincidence and its definitely not you. You have the option to close the window right away or believe me on it, that ITS NOT YOU :)

Now, this is no more a secret that I am the next prey for the hunt called marriage in ‘Great Gupta Circus’. Hence the most integral part of my life these days is encounters. Though this is the popular term how gang calls it but ‘interview’ looks more appropriate to me coz that is how I feel, appearing for the post of husband. Nevertheless, one way or another, I am inclined to believe that I am one of the worst candidates, which can come across in the life of an interviewer (the girl in this case).

So, living on to the true spirits of an unemployed soul’s worried parents, they keep fixing me for these interviews and on popular demand, I am up with the transcript from one of these interviews. I leave it to you guys to decide, if there are any chances for me getting selected or I (read ‘my folks’) should stop trying.

This particular interviewer was from the capital with a master’s degree in management and hence they found it a pretty good prospect and a telephonic appointment was fixed.

After initial introduction

She – so howz weather there.
Me – its quite hot. Rajasthan is basically a desert area, especially these days when its summer, its really hot.. say 43-45 degrees.
She – oh, that must be very difficult then.
Me – well, not exactly, you get used to of it.. so..
She – oh yeah, but you must have got AC in your office.
Me – hmm, yeah
She – and you got AC in your home as well?

I thought she was going to marry me, but looks like she is more interested in an AC as a prospective groom

Me – hmm (thinking, what is coming next)
She – not disappointing me for a fraction of moment, and you must have got an AC car..

wondering… we are speaking for the first time and all she wants to know is if I am well insulated with ACs or not

Me – yeah, got an AC car as well… (in the most polite tone, I could manage)
She – okay, but then the hot weather doesn’t really matter. (oh... so that was the point). BTW which car do you have in your family?

How precise, she definitely does not believe in wasting time

Me – well, we got two SX4s and a Zen here (I was so tempted to tell her the actual cost, insurance expense, registration number, loan details etc., but somehow suppressed the urge)
She – wow!! so you drive a SX4, then I will marry you…
Me – excuse me
She – giggling, nah, nothing, just kidding.
Me – thought so…
She – if this place is a big city, or a town kind of thing
Me – not exactly a metro but not a town as well
She – so you get clothes there…

by this time, I was ready to slam my head in the wall as that really looked like a less damaging option, but the gentleman hidden somewhere deep inside restrained me. But unfortunately, it couldn’t convince me to avoid the scorn

Me – clothes!!! What is that? You know, we have got plenty of those date tress here and thus its no problem… we just use the large leaves from the tree as a wrap on and that does the trick.
She – giggling again, oh, you are pulling my leg. I just meant, if you have got those malls and shopping centers there.
Me - in the most innocent tone possible at that time, oh, that ways… yeah we got that..
She – okay.. so is it all desert?
Me – not exactly, but yes, if you go to outskirts, you see these sand dunes and large areas covered with nothing but sand.
She – then it must be difficult with water and all, how do you guys manage?

Good lord!!! Please help me, this is not happening to me… Please..

Me – you don’t watch movies? We have this well around 1 KM from the home, so in the morning, we just go there with buckets in hands and get water for our daily use. (Trying to find the other phone)
She – Hey.. you started again.. why do you keep pulling my leg.
Me – what are you talking about! How can I do that.. (Dialed my desk phone from the other phone)
Me – Hey, hang on a sec., got a call on other phone, shall we speak again in a while?
She – yeah, sure…
Me – slam

Next morning on breakfast table, not knowing that dad has already spoken to them after this incident

Dad – so did you speak to her…
Me - eyes firm in to breakfast plate, hmm
Dad – so how was it
Me - eyes still in the dish as if it will run away from the table, if I stopped staring, it was okay, she is kind of strange.
Dad – loosing the temper, what is it with your cocky attitude… is there any girl which will fit in your so called criteria?
Me – silent…
Dad – so what exactly do you want?
Me – silent…
Dad – okay, fine.. do whatever you want to.. left the table
Me – left for office

Cheers!
24 Responses
  1. vinny Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. vinny Says:

    hahhahaaaaaaaa...absolutely superb encounter ST!!! It was rocking funnnn..i'm reading it again and again...just cant get enough of it!!
    wrap around leaves, go to the well, OMG :) u shouldnt have made that call to urself..u cheated us of more funnnnnnnn
    great post yaar!!
    May you have more such encounters!! MBA species from Venus and capital of the coutry sure make strange combination though!


  3. Rajeswari Says:

    ha ha ha...what an encounter!!couldn't control my laugh...anyways....we the 'gang' are enjoying at ur cost :)


  4. scrawler and vin - :) hope my dad does not read this one.. otherwise I am a dead man


  5. Anil Sawan Says:

    "She – so you get clothes there…"

    i am still laughing!!!


  6. Anil Sawan Says:

    "Good lord!!! Please help me, this is not happening to me… Please.. "

    lol, i wish more and more encounters like this happen :P so that we could have fun at ur expense :P


  7. Anil Sawan Says:

    "eyes still in the dish as if it will run away from the table, if I stopped staring,".. jeez.. u are one irresistible guy.. m sure getting a bride for u wnt be tht hard :P


  8. Anil Sawan Says:

    :P all the very best... i am already imagining the girl preparing tea for her "cool" husband in his "A/C" kitchen... lol


  9. Anil Sawan Says:

    and seems that u have a wonderful place around ur house!! wen r u inviting us??????????


  10. Sen Says:

    @ ST...hehehe..."so you get clothes there"...my answer would have been...nope we steal it from the tourists who abound in our area...this work is done by the womenfolk early in the morning when the tourists are sleeping in the tents that are pitched by the tour operator on the sand dunes...the menfolk drive the women to the scene of the crime...hence the need for good cars...I would finish with an innocent statement...hope you are an early riser...remember the early bird gets the worm!!!


  11. Sparkling Says:

    Gentleman huh? ...lol!
    I emphatise again.

    P.S: You SOH rocks! :)


  12. Hahhaha .. omg cant imagine the torture you have to put up with?!! And to think my friends (girls) who are on the prowl for suitable husbands meet with similar kinda idiots.

    Btw, you have 2 sx4's? and AC at home ji? And a good sense of humor !

    This post itself should get you enough prospects :)

    Good luck with that. Or do what i intend to do.. Fall in love :)


  13. sawan - thanks for the bunch of comments.. I can see how much you enjoyed my painful interview ;) you are a true friend indeed :P

    and BTW, you are always welcome but make sure you carry your own water otherwise you will also have to wake up early in morning and race to well while pots balanced on your head :)

    sen - good one, I will keep this safe for my next interview and make sure that I give you the credit after interview :)

    still - Gentleman indeed... koi shaq?? ;)

    marina - well, looking for a gal who is willing to marry me without those two SX4s :)) and falling in love.. hmm... you cant try or make efforts for that.. it just happens :))


  14. sawan - nice snap.. the wall behind looks great :P



  15. yeah.. that is what looks most dominant in the pic :))


  16. Sen Says:

    @ ST...if you give me credit and your dad finds out, I will be a dead woman :))


  17. sen - no doubt on it but why should only I suffer :) gang should stay united at all times.. good or bad.. no ? ;)


  18. Sen Says:

    @ ST...yeah right... as if what I have to put up at home is not enough...I should suffer for you as well :))


  19. Karthik Says:

    chk ma blog... Santa has gt smething for u!! Here is Santa's address...

    http://nxgmobz.blogspot.com/2008/12/jingle-bells-jingle-bells-awards-all.html


  20. Anonymous Says:

    LOL .. thats an awesome conversation! Girl's are rather demanding these days I gather :-)


  21. vinny Says:

    Hey ST,
    Check my blog..surprise for u!


  22. karthik - thank alot dear

    Ghost Rider - Yeah. too much man..

    Vin - thanks poetess :)


  23. Anonymous Says:

    Hahahahahaha :D
    This is BLOODY hilarious!!!! :D