Insanity.. at its extreme!!

Some one remotely known to me calls up…

He - Hey.. this is 'Z’, remember we met at this place with Mr. ‘X's reference.
Me – Ohk.. Please tell me how can I help you.
He – Actually I need some assistance, so I was wondering if you could please spare some time tomorrow or may be one of your guys.. I am stuck with this software problem and need your help to fix the code. 
Me - oh sure but its quite a hectic schedule these days as we have a deadline. Can we make it some time next week.. you know.. if you don’t have any problems
He - Well, it is a problem for me.. so let us do it tomorrow. I know it would be like wasting up your time but I think I have that much right on you.

Me – stumped! Jeez.. I don’t even know the chap and he has got some hold on me to be confident enough that his problem is worth messing up a deadline. Wow!!

2) A customer calls up 

He - I have some issues with this system, so could you please have some one look at it and fix the things.  
Me - Umm, how about Monday (3 days from now) 
He - No, its top priority, I needed it like yesterday
Me - I understand but Monday is the best I can do
He - I insist.. I need it tomorrow
Me – Okay.. let me see what I can do

As obviously, it can not get done tomorrow coz we are not in a position to do it.. 

On Monday after the issue is fixed, calls me again

He - You know what the problem with you guys is…
Me - Well, not sure, what happened.. 
He - If you don’t have resources to do it in time, then you should have told me clearly.. that okay, this will be done on xyz date. We just keep on waiting and it is not fair.. no?

Me – stumped!! dint I mention that in the first place.

3) A friend’s friend calls up.

He – Hey M.. I need a favor. This guy (some one known to him) is an engineering student so could you please arrange a summer training for him in your office. 
Me – We don’t usually do this trainee thing, so its quite difficult man.
He – Please, if you could manage it…
Me – okay, have him speak to ‘X’ (my PM)
He – Well, I was thinking if you could speak to him.. he is a bright kid so may be you can guide him.
Me – Hmm.. okay.. 

The bright kid calls up 

after the initial introduction

He – so you have this company for this software thingy
Me (annoyed with the tone) – Yes
He – you know, you guys should really make a policy for these trainings. They can help you with lots of things and its no harm after all.. You will get some stuff done for free. 

Me – stumped!! Look at the guts man.. and I thought, I was doing a favor to him.. 

Cheers!

11 Responses
  1. Anil Sawan Says:

    lol, that was a beautiful post.. m stil laughing... :-)

    "I think I have that much right on you." hehehe i wanted to see your facial expression :)


  2. Anil Sawan Says:

    hurray, i am the first one to comment!


  3. vinny Says:

    hahahhhhhhhhhhhhahhahahhhhhhaaahhh

    i cant believe this, what better way to vent it out than this ???


  4. Sawan - Yeah.. seriously man.. world is full of insane people.. search na karo to b 1000 milte hai :)

    where were you from last couple of days.. you disappear quite frequently these days.. some thing fishy bud ;)

    vin - can't believe ??? the first one happened yesterday only and that is what inspired me to write this.. :)


  5. Sen Says:

    @ ST... still laughing :))... you know what..hire the bright kid, make him work so hard that he is practically dying to leave your employment...and on top of that dont pay him...as it is he not expecting anything...so give him a taste of his own medicine...if nothing atleast it will teach him not to go about shooting his mouth...


  6. Sparkling Says:

    Lol! Holy smokes! Tx for making me laugh, I really needed it!
    You sure have a lotta time on hand to answer these calls :p
    So M, may I ask for a favour now or do I hafta call you?


  7. sen - oh yeah.. but who needs it.. already enough of insane people around :)

    still - call me dear call me.. I do favors on phone only :)


  8. What a dangerously "bright kid" :P


  9. Anil Sawan Says:

    i was always here.. you could be saved from my posts or comments but nobody could save you from my shadow :P


  10. Rajeswari Says:

    Me: Hi sir! Need a favour from you
    ST:What can i do for you?
    Me:stumbled upon your blog!I need to tickle my bones...Hence post something on ur 'encounters'
    ST:What?
    ME:I know its a bit difficult for you..coz personally u are against such encounters..
    ST:So..you know everything..and why are u asking me to do the same?
    ME:I know it wud be like wasting up ur time...but i think i have that much right on you :P


  11. Marina – yeah.. you are already in the quarter life crisis… otherwise I was thinking of sending few of them to you :)

    sawan - not that I want to bud..

    scrawler - on popular demand.. guess I will have to start on it.. but its going to be a series.. season 1, 2, 3... and so on.. better create a separate blog for it :P but stay tuned.. guess its time to make some enemies around..