Alas!
It was a usual morning with the usual rants I start as soon as I open the eyes. But then…

While getting ready for the office, I chose to decide that me don’t have enough clothes to wear! Everything looked like it was worn yesterday only. The matter needed some immediate attention but looking at the past track record, I was sure to be doomed if taken an action without having a guardian angel to support the cause.

Whom should I approach first! Mum seems the safest bet in such cases. Even if she doesn’t support, the chances of her exploding are almost equal to Mr. Prime Minister daring to say ‘No’ to Madam.

Me - Mom, I think we need to do something about it.
Mum – about what?
Me – Umm… I have nothing to wear. Every morning I feel like the beggar on road.
Mum – hahahha hahahaaaha ha ha haho hohohooh hahahahah

You are too funny at times.. ain’t you?

Forget it.. I am sure Dad will understand!

Me – Dad, have you noticed lately that I wear almost same clothes every day.
Dad – Hmmm???

He is in habit of retorting with this long Hmm when a matter is not worth commenting in his opinion. Of course he listens in the first time itself but responds with this long hmm to make other person understand that they don’t need to discuss it again for a pretty good number of days.

But a jerk that I am

Me - I don’t have any half decent clothes so…
Dad – So you mean all we have in that garret is rags, or shall I say cast-offs? Isn’t that a more appropriate word?

Oh this store… We have a small room on the mezzanine of first floor which contains nothing but a closet, some shelves and an iron board and wherever you look, you will see... well, my clothes.

Now we do have wardrobes but I prefer to use it for other stuff like old books, dirty clothes, extra chargers, junk electronics, scrabble, PSP and 9823457 other things, but that story, some other time.

Anyways, I knew where it was going so I turned to wifey but even before I could start

She – You know I tried to iron some of your T-shirts yesterday. Do you want me to tell Mom the exact number of Tee’s I did and then the ones which are still pending.
Me – Oh my god! Whatever happened to those 7 promises you made at the time of marriage? Dint it say something like supporting the husband in good and bad, right or wrong and some crap like that.
She – waved off!

So folks… Here I am, wearing a torn Jeans and faded red Tee. Back to the point from where I started the morning… Rants!

Cheers!

12 Responses
  1. Raj Says:

    :P
    never had a problem with clothes.




  2. I'd have to agree with Ms. Sparkling here!

    On second thoughts, I feel it's not the amount of clothes u already have...it's something else...


  3. Anil Sawan Says:

    I want to see neha’s comment :P


  4. Shanu Says:

    LOL

    I agree..Inspite of having 2 cupbrd full of clothes there are dayz when i feel i have nuthin to wear :(

    I am gonna show this post to my Mom so that she knos i aint the only one.

    You cld show ur Mom/wifey this comment and let them kno u have company ;)


  5. and i thot i m d only 1 with less no of clothes 2 wear (so what if i had brought a new 1 last week)


  6. Anonymous Says:

    ha ha ha :D

    poor neha is jhelo-fying such a fussy aadmi :P


  7. Raj - Lucky you :(

    Scrawler - Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm


  8. Sparkling - Who? Me? What did I do now?

    Ms. Saints - You too :( and please enlighten me the lesser mortal on your statement about the amount of some thing else ;)


  9. Sawan - No chance *evil laugh*

    Shanu - you are my new best friend dear.. this world is no more a right place to live.. so many cruel people out there..


  10. Gayatri - come.. join the gang lady.. oops girl :P

    Ki - huh.. dost dost na raha.. :(