Not so rocking technology!!
Every now and then I feel, what would have happened to us (read “me”, don’t know about others and who cares anyways) if the technology was not moving at the speed as it is. More precisely, when I try to imagine myself born 100 years back, I find it almost unattainable to digest. First of all no blogging so what could I possibly do to vent out my frustration, my dislikes to most of the walking and talking structures, my mental aggravation to cope with the world surrounding me and so on. Then no business, where I am in today so no bread (with jam of course).

All in all, I love technology and it really fascinates me, but some times it works other way around and the so called technocrats become a victim instead. And trust me the wounds you get are pretty bad. 

To cut the long story short, when you use Gtalk, it allows you to sign in to two different machines at the same time, and every chat message appears on both of the systems in parallel. So few days back, I was using my dad’s laptop and signed in to Gtalk. Now the over smart fellow decided on its own that I want myself to be remembered there and took the necessary actions without making me realize the fact. I finished my work, signed off and easily forgot about it. Every thing was going as it should be, or at least looked like, till the day when I was talking to one of my friends from my office system. As it happens to all of us, I was in typical office mood like one can be after 8 hours of starting the day. The chat started quite innocently but pretty soon the sober looking white space became fairly colorful with various adjectives thrown in here and there, lots of 4 letter words used as prefix and suffix and so on. Again, I finished it off and forgot about it. Later that day, when I reached back to home, dad was like… Howcome your chats are appearing on my laptop from last couple of days? No.. shit! what chat??, was my reaction. Yeah, today as well when you were talking to “R”, it was all over my screen. I gasped for a breath while trying to find a suitable word but no such luck. Then as a sudden relief he announced that he had to go out at the very moment so he closed it at that time but I better fix it ASAP. I managed with “oh yeah.. will do it now..“

Later in night I was thinking, I am not that bad and dad must feel happy and lucky about it. This was just a chat between me and “R” but what could have happened to some one whose son was Casanova types. 

Girl 1 – Hi Sexy
Dad – Excuse me!! 
Girl 1 – Oh come on sweetiepie.. I am missing you soooo much.. ain't you missing me ?
Dad – See, I think you are mistak… even before completion, another window popping up

Girl 2 – Hey dude
Dad – dude? You mean dad
Girl 2 – Muaaaaah.. you are so sweet.. such a darling.. 

Another one in the mean time

Girl 3 - Why are you ignoring me these days cutiepie…
Dad – running for life…

Cheers !!

21 Responses
  1. Dewdrop Says:

    Yup!!! Technology is what is powering the world! But I hope we use it well and not abuse it!


  2. vinny Says:

    OH F**K !!!
    why the heck did ur dad not read/react yaar ??? i wish he did...very enlightening it would be for him, i'm sure!!
    thank ur stars, u very lucky soul indeed:)

    kaashi jaakar thanks bolna..a very narrow escape for u!

    P.S: Absolutely hilarious hypothetical situation given at end:)
    vaise "but what could have happened to some one whose son is a Casanova types".....u mean u arent???


  3. Sur Says:

    Hey it seems everyone knows u inside out now!! So u sure dont have to petend and put stuff like Casanova n all in ur blogs nemore!! :P


  4. Anil Sawan Says:

    i am still trying hard to believe that the situation given at the end is hypothetical! :P


  5. LOL! Dangerous technology indeed :-D btw, why aren't you able to open my blog???


  6. Sen Says:

    @ ST...agree with Sawan... find it hard to digest, no way these are hypothetical :P



  7. Anonymous Says:

    Haha!!! Wish you HAD been the casanova type! Damn!


  8. Nice one dude.. Loved the way you have put down the chat conversations.

    Nice read.

    Keep rocking !


  9. Sparkling Says:

    Oh yeah right! You'd just lurvvvv to be called sexy! (these are your hopeful wishes, ouch!):D

    Btw, pray tell me how does this chat stuff work on another computer, don't you hafta login with your id and password.


  10. Dewdrop - I agree but some times we do abuse it too :)

    Vin - dum dum !! :P


  11. Sur - come on.. whatever happened to my decent image.. you guys think me Casanova :(

    sawan - you better believe it dude ;) I am a very decent and shareef bachha


  12. JLT - :) I dont know it says page not available or some thing.. I tried with IE, Firefox as well as Chrome. some one else reported the problem?

    Sen - Gosh.. whats going on yaar.. never knew you guys think about me that ways.. and from which angle do I look like sexy or sweetiepie types?


  13. Scrawler - You too poetess?? Where do I go now..

    Ki - Thanks at least you dont think about me that ways ;)


  14. Prashant - Welcome to my place :) Just my humble attempt to rock and make people smile :)

    Still - ha ha.. me sexy.. come on.. my mirror dont lie :) so I have no misconception

    Yes, you need to login to a system with your ID and Password but then if you choose "remember password" it will login again automatically whenever net is connected and so can happen on multiple machines. Thus if you have id saved on 3 machines, you will be logged in to all 3 machines at the same time and your messages will be appearing on every machine..


  15. Sparkling Says:

    Thank you for the gyan ;)



  16. Anonymous Says:

    HAHAAHA!!!


  17. Anonymous Says:

    @ ST...beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder :P :P


  18. That was nice!! Sure made me smile :-) Didn't know about that 'remember me' thingy, as in it has the utter cheek to log you onto multiple machines at the same time. Great I do now, thanks to you!


  19. Karmanna - :)

    Alter Ego - so what does your eye tell ;)

    Stillness - Welcome to my place.. so you owe me a coffee for this gyan :)