The eternal truth!

Well, what else… the life and the death. Every body have seen or going to see those difficult times when some one very close leaves us for ever. Surely its some thing which is going to happen with all of us, but what surprises me most is how we react these days on such occasions. So indifferent, so unconcerned, like just another page 3 gossip in the morning paper, a cup of tea, or a phone call from credit card marketing agency. You can see people giggling at these places even before the cremation. Some schmucks will be found with their cell phones ringing at full volume or probably speaking loud on phone at funeral homes. Come on, whatever happened to civility! If you are so busy that world will stop moving without you and your cell phone then please do us a favor, stay away and don’t bother to appear.

And what do we say to others, when even the relatives and so called friends behave in such a bitchy and bizarre way. I remember few days back when my uncle passed away and one of the daughters in law (in relation) was overheard saying “why couldn’t he die tomorrow, at least I didn’t have to cancel my evening plans to visit to my mother’s place”. God only knows, how I suppressed the strong urge for calling her names and then kick on butt to throw her out. It might sound overreacting and you can call me an emotional fool but I still regret and feel that it was the right thing to do.

If you look around, our previous generations used to live and care for the joint families, neighborhoods and even distant relatives, but today, we are concerned with our immediate relations only. Me, my wife and my kids, that is it. Some times even parents don’t get place in the list. Quite obviously, the next generation if going to live for self only, the words “ME” and “MYSELF” are going to rule and thus be warned and prepared to see the worse times coming…

Cheers!

3 Responses
  1. Ankur Says:

    incidentally clicked on ur blog.Quite a true thought In todays machine life emotions are gone.


  2. ankur - actually its not about emotions, its more about our attitude and way of thinking towards the simplest and of course the difficult situations in life... Older times were good for sure :)


  3. Mads Says:

    liked this post..so true...thanks for dropping by in my blog and giving the link to this post :)